Monday, June 13, 2011

It's Official!!!

I just signed up for my first race!! Said first race just so happens to be a half marathon.
On October 9, 2011, I will be walking/jogging in the See Jane Run half marathon here in Austin, TX. Not only do I get a medal at the finish line but I get chocolate and champagne! Sounds like a win-win!

I'm so excited!! Lately I've been picturing myself crossing the finish line and it makes me all emotional. I KNOW that I can do this. It won't be easy but I've got lots of support (thank goodness for twitter chats: #runchat & #fitblog).
Time to finalize the training plan and get to it...after my vacation.

Feel free to come cheer me on or donate to help me obtain the appropriate gear to successfully (and in the least amount of pain) complete this race.





- Posted using BlogPress from my Verizon iPhone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...