Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crockpot Spaghetti

So I am not much of a cook and never knew that pasta could be cooked in the crockpot. Well I figured it could be but it would taste awful. Well I was wrong. I was trying to figure out a recipe with ingredients I had around already. I always keep pasta around and I wanted to use the crockpot because it is so easy. So with a few google searches to make sure I cooked the pasta correctly I am pleased to introduce you to my crockpot spaghetti!!

Ingredients:

  • One box of whole wheat spaghetti ( I used Ronzoni)
  • 26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
  • Boca ground crumbles
  • 1-1/3 cups water
  • frozen corn (Gotta have veggies)
  • seasonings based on your tastes ( I like to use oregano, basil, and Italian seasoning)

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in 3-4 quart slow cooker and mix to combine. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 4-7 hours until pasta is tender and meatballs are thoroughly heated, stirring once during cooking time. This method will make the pasta quite soft, like Spaghetti-Os. 

OR, you can cook the sauce, meatballs, and water for 4-7 hours until hot, then stir in the pasta. Cover and cook on high for 20-25 minutes, stirring once, until the pasta is tender. This will make pasta that is more al dente. 

Yes it really is this simple!!! Enjoy :-)
6 servings = 10 PointsPlus values
7 servings = 8 PointsPlus values
8 servings = 7 PointsPlus values

The final product!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...