Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm soooooo excited!!

I am very happy to have this blog and finally have figured out some things and gadgets. I thought I was going to go crazy for a minute!! I don't know what will come of this but at least I am putting information out there. My goal and hope is that I can support and assist someone else and also find others who can support and assist me on my journey.
Today, Tuesday, January 4, 2011, started out with a nice kickboxing class at 24 Hour Fitness. I burned close to 500 calories. I have a Polar F7 heart rate monitor however I forgot to turn it on until the last 20 minutes of the class. Fail. The 20 minutes I did record had me at over 200 calories burned!! Great way to start my day!
I don't eat before I workout in the mornings so I came home and had a breakfast I am now calling Jeanette's Egg Breakfast Bagel Sandwich. It doesn't look like a lot or even the most appealing but it is good and filling.
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup liquid egg whites (Egg Beaters or store brand)
  • 1 Bagel Thin (bread and English muffins work too)
    • I used Toufayan Bakeries bagel (see food finds page for more info)
  • 2-4 slices of Oscar Mayer Canadian Bacon
  • 1 tbsp jelly (I prefer grape)
Directions:
  1. Follow directions on packaging and cook egg whites and bacon. 
  2. Toast bagel thin
  3. Spread jelly on bagel thin
  4. Assemble sandwich with egg whites and bacon
  5. Enjoy!


Assembled Sandwich with a banana for 5 P+ values

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...