Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011: The Year of Jeanette

I am sure you may (or may not) be wondering how I came to the title this post. I can't even put into words how great I feel and positive I am feeling about life right now. It's a new year, I have a new haircut, Weight Watchers has a new program, I have lost 56lbs, and gained a lot of confidence. Over the past year and a half I have transitioned into a new city, a new job, and a new me. I have shared this experience with a friend who is going through the same in a different city. She claimed 2010 was her year so dang it I am claiming 2011 as the year of Jeanette!!

Whew!! Now that that's out the way let's rewind to Friday. I started my morning out with a trip to my Weight Watchers meeting location for my weekly weigh in. I had a decent week but I wasn't feeling 100% about it. Well I ended up losing .8lbs bringing my total to 56lbs gone (or 25%).

Weekly from WW meeting
There is still a sale going on at meeting locations!

I knew Friday was going to be a great day because I was going on my first date in a LONG time. I was nervous and very excited. I got my hair done that afternoon and my stylist ended up cutting it more. I didn't like it at first but I have since embraced it. Upon leaving the hair salon my car, Ol' Black, decided to start acting crazy and cut off. Luckily I managed to pull over into a parking lot and not get stranded in the middle of the busy street. I had a nice long wait for the tow truck. My car being out of commission was not going to stop me from going on my date and guess what it didn't. I had my date and I enjoyed myself. It felt good to put myself out there again and see what's out there. While I do not think I found my "perfect" guy it was a great first date experience.
2nd but better haircut
Today I was watching a CNBC special titled "Crackberry'd: The Truth About Information Overload". It talked a lot about everyone being so connected to their Blackberry and social networking sites, which I am guilty of. One segment of the show discussed the dangers of texting while driving which really made me feel guilty about what I was doing even though I know I shouldn't be doing it. So I decided to take Oprah's No Phone Zone Pledge. I know the consequences of texting while driving and I know that I am not prepared to deal with something negative coming from my action. There is nothing that important to text or message while driving that puts my life and the lives of others in danger.
Saturday reading!! I love magazines!! Subscriptions are so cheap and convenient!


Jennifer Hudson looks great on the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of the WW magazine!
365 days of celebrating me and making my own success story!!

PointsPlus you are alright in my book! I love the zero PointsPlus value fruits.

I love this quote!!!

Get your issue today and it comes with some wonderful coupons!

I can identify with over half of these.


Now if you will excuse me I must go cheer on my Colts!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...