Sunday, January 16, 2011

Juicy Hamburgers

I love hamburgers and I must say I make a pretty darn good burger. I found a recipe for one on the Weight Watchers website. I modified it by adding egg whites to make it juicer. I a variety of spices that I enjoy.
Each burger is 4 PP values without bread. I use Nature's Own Whitewheat bread which is 3 PP for two slices.

Ingredients 

  • 1 spray(s) cooking spray
  • 1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (I used a 96/4 meat)
  • 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp table salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
Extra Lean Ground Beef


Instructions

  • Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
  • In a large bowl, combine beef, egg whites, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper (or other seasonings); mix well and shape into 4 patties, about 1-inch-thick each. (To retain juiciness, be careful not to overwork the meat.)
  • Place burgers on hot griddle, stovetop, or grill and cook 5 minutes per side for medium (or longer to desired degree of doneness).
  • Serve burgers on rolls with your favorite toppings (could affect POINTS values). Yields 1 burger per serving. 

Prepping the patties to cook

The finished hamburgers!

Dinner: Juicy hamburger (4PP) on Nature's Own Whitewheat bread (3PP) with spinach leaves and a raspberry pecan dressing (2 tbsp = 1PP)

Salad dressing I decided to try since it was free with the purchase of pasta. It is very good.
Happy Sunday!! Flowers I received from a friend.
The best part of my Sunday!!! My friend's dad built this shot glass case for me!! I LOVE it!!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...