Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Does this make me crazy?

I officially am considering myself crazy but in a good way (I think, you be the judge). Over the weekend I planned my calendar of races until March 2012. I have been debuting about whether or not to share the schedule but I am so excited about it that I want to tell everyone. Also, telling everyone will help me remain accountable to achieving to completing all of the races.

One thing you should know is that I have never done a race before not even a 5K so this is all new for me. I have been so inspired and motivated from the folks I have "met" on Twitter (shameless plug - follow me @jhooker517) and reading their blogs. The greatest inspiration and motivation has come from Brittany. She has more faith in me than I do but that's a good thing. Her faith has rubbed off on me and I am going for it. Go big or go home I say.

So the moment you have been waiting for...my (tentative) race schedule!
  • July 2011: Caleb 5K
    • I figured I should have some type of race under my belt before the half marathon
  • August & September 2011: TBD for a race but I will be training for Octobers race
  • October 2011: See Jane Run Half Marathon
    • Chocolate & champagne at the finish line! Now that's motivation!
  • November 2011: Rock n Roll San Antonio Half Marathon
    • I really want the shiny medal you get at the finish line
  • December 2011: REST (in the sense of no races)
  • January 2012: 3M Half Marathon
  • February 2012: Austin Half Marathon
    • I can't live in Austin and NOT do this race at least once
  • March 2012: Cap 10K
    • Another Austin race I NEED to do
  • April 2012: ZOOMA Half Marathon
    • Unsure about this one but it does offer a 5K (without the shiny bling at the finish line)
I feel crazy looking at this and it may be ambitious but I will never know if I can complete each one unless I try.
"But maybe I'm crazy
Maybe you're crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably"
Gnarls Barkley Crazy

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...