Monday, June 27, 2011

And So It Begins: Week 1 Half Marathon Training

I have signed up for my first half marathon (Blog post: It's Official).



See Jane Run Half Marathon




I still don't consider myself a runner (that's a whole other post) since I can't really run for more than 5 minutes at a time. I'm slowly building up and I'm planning to walk and jog this half marathon.
Today is the first day of training. I spent time during my vacation researching plans and deciding what will work for me. It isn't perfect and it will change along the way but I'm glad I have a foundation to follow.

The plan for week 1:
Monday: Rest and/or easy 30 minute walk/jog

Tuesday: Zumba & strength training
Wednesday: 40 minute walk/jog
Thursday: Kickboxing class & strength training
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 4 mile walk/jog
Sunday: Rest

Follow my updates on Twitter: @jhooker517 and my blog :-)

**Note this plan is subject to change based on how I am feeling**

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...