Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's like Christmas in June!

These days I enjoy going shopping for fitness gear and apparel more than I enjoy shopping for work or everyday clothing. There are so many wonderful products available these days! How's a girl to decide?!?! Well I don't have to decide because my checking account decides for me. And currently it is saying be frugal and don't get crazy. Too bad money isn't growing on trees.
I've heard mentions of Target, Wal-Mart, Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls (to name a few) offering good fitness apparel at low affordable prices. No argument from me. I frequent these store racks on a regular basis (mostly just looking). 

My latest discovery is Academy Sports & Outdoors.
From Academy's website: "Academy Sports + Outdoors is a premier sports, outdoor and lifestyle retailer with a broad assortment of high-quality hunting, fishing and camping equipment and gear along with sports and leisure products, footwear, apparel and much more. The Texas-based company operates over 125 stores throughout Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas."
I had not heard of this store before moving to Texas. It took me awhile to venture in but once I did it was like heaven.

They have an excellent women's fitness apparel section with many brands. They offer brands like Nike, Champion, Under Armour, New Balance, Adidas, etc. I particularly like the BCG brand. Its not name brand and it is in my price range. I love the compression, moisture wicking capris I purchased there and my checking account loved the price so it was a win win. :-) The other great thing about Academy is the clearance rack. It is my new bff!! I've found some great moisture wicking tanks for under $10.

On this purchase, I got a lovely Camelbak Charm hydration pack, BodyGlide, BCG tank from the clearance rack ($5 HOLLA!), and a couple GU Energy products to try. I am very excited to take my Camelbak out on long wog (walk/jog) Saturday.

Thanks Academy Sports + Outdoors for being such an awesome store!!!! :-)

What is your favorite fitness gear(s) and/or favorite places to purchase fitness gear?


















**Please excuse the quality of the photos. They were taken on my iPhone and I am nowhere near a being a professional photographer**







LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...