Friday, July 1, 2011

Halfway Checkpoint

Wow I can't believe we are already halfway through 2011! Time has flown by. Overall it has been a good and interesting year. I decided this would be a good time to reflect on the past 6 months and set some goals for the next 6 months. 

(January 2011 goals bolded) 
  1. Lose 25lbs by my 2 year WW anniversary (August 9)
    1. Well I am no longer a Weight Watchers member. I have switched to calorie tracking with My Fitness Pal. I don't plan to reach that weight goal. I have been around the same weight the entire year. Things have changed for me. The number on the scale is not as important anymore. I am more concerned with my eating and exercise.
  2. Become a WW lifetime member
    1. This isn't happening at this time...not to say I may not ever return to Weight Watchers. Right now it just isn't for me.
  3. Walk and/or jog a 5K
    1. I haven't done an official 5K but I have done 3.1 miles and then some on my own (I did 5 miles once!). I am counting this as successful completion.
  4. Track at least 5 days a week regardless of what I eat
    1. This has been difficult for me. I stopped tracking for awhile or caring about what I ate and I felt gross. I am back on it with My Fitness Pal. I try to track 5 days a week but I have a lot of room for improvement. 
  5. Go to the gym 3-4 days a week minimum 
    1. I started out good doing with this and I ended doing good with this but the middle part (February-April) was a FAIL. Moving on....it's a new day and new month.
  6. Try a new recipe each week
    1.  I didn't try a new recipe every week but I did try some new products and a few new recipes and I did cook almost every week.
  7. Post a blog entry at least once a week
    1. Let's not talk about this. Next...
  8. Read a new book each month
    1. Do magazines count? No. Ok, I didn't think so.
  9. Travel to Las Vegas
    1. This is on my list every time and I still haven't made it but I did go to New Orleans. I know it's not the same but it was also on my list.  AND the year isn't over yet so I still have time to go to Vegas!
  10. Call my mother more often
    1. I am a bad daughter. I love you mom!
  11. Decorate and spice up my bedroom
    1. HAHA! Good one, Jeanette. It still looks like a college dorm room. I did get a new dresser well A dresser since I didn't have on to begin with. 
Well there it is folks! Halfway through the year and I  haven't reached any of the goals I set. 
From this I realize that I put work, people, everything before myself. It may not seem like it but I don't like to say no a lot. Cut me some slack. I am a work in progress.

Goals for July - December 2011
  1. Complete an official 5K race
  2. Complete my first half marathon 
    1. I am registered for the Austin See Jane Run half marathon which takes place on October 9, 2011
  3. Incorporate strength training into my fitness routine twice a week
  4. Go from walking & jogging to all jogging 
  5. Track 5 days a week using My Fitness Pal
  6. Obtain 150-200 miles on my Daily Mile tracker
  7. Host my first giveaway on my blog
  8. Post to this blog once a week (First you don't succeed try try try again, right?)
  9. Travel to a new state
  10. Read one book a month 
I don't ask for much. I think each of these are obtainable and I will focus on them each month rather than the larger picture. Wish me luck!!! :-)

Photo Review of January - June

January and February was filled with a month long grand opening celebration of the new Student Activity Center at UT-Austin.
Student Activity Center Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Zach Braff lecture
Chuck D, Joan Morgan, and Common
Many days of daytime novelty programming


March
 Spring Break 2011: New Orleans




 My first rodeo and country concert





April
Fun work events
 


 
 Blogging Friends Meetup
 
 May: Pecan Street Festival, My 26th birthday, and NOH8 Campaign


 

June: Vacation in The Sunshine State and my first half marathon



 


 
I'm doing my first half marathon in October!!!!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...