Saturday, July 2, 2011

July Game Plan

Yesterday my blog post was a mid year check-in (Halfway Checkpoint). Janice from Fitness Cheerleader politely reminded me that I did not have a plan for achieving the goals I listed. Each month I plan to tackle a set of monthly goals that correlate with my yearly goals. By the end of 2011 I am hoping I have achieved all of the goals I set.  

So here are my goals and game plan for July 2011 along with my planned half marathon training schedule. 
  • Complete an official 5K race 
    • I am thinking about signing up for the Caleb 5K which takes place on July 16.
  • Continue to train for my first half marathon
    • I am registered for the Austin See Jane Run half marathon which takes place on October 9, 2011
  • Incorporate strength training into my fitness routine twice a week
  • Try a new recipe (or two) this month
  • Go from walking & jogging to all jogging  
    • During training walks alternate 3 minutes of jogging and 2 minutes walking and then build upon it until I am only jogging
  • Track 5 days a week using My Fitness Pal
  • Obtain 40 miles on my Daily Mile tracker to assist in reaching the ultimate goal of 150 logged miles
  • Host my first giveaway on my blog
    • I really hope this one happens
  • Post to this blog once a week 
    • I can totally do this! I am sure y'all want to read a training recap of each week! :-)
  • Read one book a month  

Training Schedule for July


Week
Date
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
2
35 minutes
XT/ST
35 minutes
XT/ST
REST
Easy 5 – 6 miles
REST
7/4-7/10

Optional rest day













3
35 minutes
XT/ST
35 minutes
XT/ST
REST
Easy 6 miles
REST
7/11-7/17

Optional rest day













4
40 minutes
XT/ST
40 minutes
XT/ST
REST
6 mile quick as I can
REST
7/18-7/24

Optional rest day













5
40 minutes
XT/ST
40 minutes
XT/ST
REST
7 mile gentle
REST
7/25-7/31

Optional rest day













XT = Cross-training activity like kickboxing, elliptical, spinning class, Zumba, etc.
ST = Strength Training activities

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...