Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I Confess...

I confess that I am doing an awful job at tracking 
and eating the way I know I should be. 
 
Also, I confess that I have gained a little weight since my tracking hiatus the past few months. 
 
It has been like this for some time now. No matter what I do I just can't seem to get back on track. I am by no means getting crazy and just living it up eating whatever I want however I know that I have a lot of room for improvement.
 
I started my journey back in August 2009 when I joined Weight Watchers. I had a lot of success with Weight Watchers and it is how I lost all my weight. However, my weight loss came to a SCREECHING HALT when I stopped tracking and putting 100% into my weight loss. 

Somewhere along the way what I wanted out of my journey changed. I no longer want to focus 100% on what the scale says and let it dictate how I feel about myself. On the flipside, I know that a smaller number on the scale reaps huge financial benefits. 

For the past couple months, I have been using My Fitness Pal to track calories and exercise. I really like it and most days I track what I eat. However, I still go over my allotment and I am not 100% committed to losing more weight. I do know one thing and that is that I do NOT want to go back to the person I was yet I seem to be stuck in neutral. 

I just want to be fit and healthy. Honestly I feel like I am more fit and healthy than I ever have been in my life. I weigh almost the same as I did in 5th grade (I have evidence to back that up). I have my trouble spots that weigh me down (no pun intended) from time to time. But for crying out loud, I am training for a half marathon. ME of all people! That just says a lot in itself. AND my doctor is very impressed with how far I have come and my lab tests results.

So what the HECK is my problem?!?!? I wish I had an answer. I just can't find the missing piece to the puzzle to help me fully get on track! 
I will continue to find the answer and hope I can get on track to become a fitter and healthier me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...