Monday, June 6, 2011

Does this come with oxygen?!?!

I had a battle with myself all weekend as to when and if I wanted to get a workout in.
After spending many hours goggling "half marathon recap" or "walk a half marathon" and reading many blogs, I knew walking and/or jogging a half marathon was what I needed to do.
Also, I mapped out a tentative schedule of races I would like to do beginning July 2011. It consists of one race per month until March 2012. The first race is a 5K. I'm probably being ambitious because I don't even know if I'm going to survive my first half marathon yet I want to do like 3-4 more within six months of the first. Talk about go big or go home.
Lastly, I found an app that let's me create and track a walk/jog training plan building up to a half marathon by October (when the first half is). Apps work much better for me since I'm always on my phone or have it close by. I may or may not be addicted to apps but that's another story.

Any who, back to my workout battle. Eventually the workout won the battle on Sunday. I wanted to beat my last pace and goal. Correction, I was going to beat my last pace and goal Somehow I've become competitive with myself. Whatever works to get me moving I guess.
The post title comes from the fact that I literally can't run for more than 4-5 minutes at one time without feeling like I'm about to pass out from lack of oxygen. Too bad I can't run wearing an oxygen mask wheeling an oxygen tank. I suppose over time I will get better and build up endurance.

Here are photos of how I did along with my sweaty self in need of oxygen at the end of the workout.












- Posted using BlogPress from my Verizon iPhone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...